Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Wishes

If I could I would like to have my dad around for Christmas. The last time we had Christmas together was 1996. It is so hard to believe how time passes so quickly. I never took for granted the time I had with my dad. Heck, until his death, I never went more than two weeks without seeing him.
I know death is a part of life. I understand the cycle of life. But it does not change the fact that even with the passage of time, some memories and feelings do not fade. I trust in God completely, and that is the most important thing in life. I believe, and often remind myself; It is not about me.
Merry Christmas dad!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Little Brother. I have a new resolution when it comes to you. Because you are one of my favorite people, and your beloved father was a Catholic, you are going to be regularly invited to come Home to Rome by your pesky cyber sister in Christ...I want to see your handsome face in my RCIA class. Love always - The Nagging Catholic Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to have good memories to cherish. Thank you for sharing the honor that you have for your dad. Makes me think about all I missed out on, but only to be put in the position of knowing my Heavenly Father in a far greater way than I would otherwise have. God bless you and yours this entire Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and Leslie and I will be playing tug of war with your spiritual future: Protestant - Catholic ((giggle!)) :)

    ReplyDelete